1. Grease and line the base of a 20cm square pan or set up cup cake cases in pans. The latter offers better portion control and easy to pack for lunches
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350 deg F (for my Yankee counterparts).
3. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, then set aside to cool
4. Beat together the butter and sugar until pale (use an electric mixer). Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, stirring, until just combined (use a wooden spoon for this step). Sift the flour and cocoa, then fold into the egg mixture. Fold in the chocolate and chocolate/nuts,
5. Pour or spoon into cake pan.cup cake cases and bake for 17-18 minutes (gooey and moist - can be baked up to 25 mins depending on your prefs). Leave to cool in the pan, then cut into squares to serve.
These brownies are best served with a strong cup or black tea to offset the mega sweetness.