One of my new year's resolutions for 2018 is to save more money.
After much online research on Pintrest, digging through personal finance blogs and various Facebook groups, I discovered Mintnotion.com's 30 day money challenge.
"Simply set aside an increasing dollar amount each day to a designated account or jar and watch your savings grow!"
Along the way, I've gained more fiscal awareness and established new habits.
- Made me more aware of how easy it is to put the designated amounts aside
- Physically tracking makes me more accountable to save
- Increasing awareness of how I spend and allocate my 'play money'
- Established a new habit of checking my account daily to ensure a)savings are accruing, and b)there aren't any rogue transactions appearing
- Saving has become established as a monthly personal goal with added satisfaction that I am fulfilling my financial resolution.
What are your tips and tricks for making saving fun?